Are you picturing your new home surrounded by beautiful trees and plants, arranged in an easy to maintain, drought tolerant yard? Looking for an affordable solution to getting an attractive landscape design?
If you are one of the hundreds of homeowners who are using one of the smaller contractors or custom builders, the landscape design might not be included in your builder contract, or your agreement might provide an allowance toward the landscaping, but you need to still plan the landscape design and engineering. Every home will need at least a front yard landscape plan, approved at the city or county planning office. Thanks to the Sonoma Marin Water Saving Partnership, FREE scalable front yard landscape templates are available, offering eight attractive layouts in several different styles.
Not sure how to use the FREE Landscape Design Templates?
Attend the Pathways to Rebuilding Landscapes Workshop on September 29, 2018 offered by Sonoma-Marin Saving Water Partnership to learn how to use and adapt the templates.
- The session will begin with a review of the Landscape Design Templates and explanation of how to modify the templates to suit your specific site needs.
- Then, trained landscape advisors, design professionals and permitting staff will be on-hand to provide guidance as you participate in the Hands-On Breakout session, where you can mark up the designs to your own site’s needs. Be sure to bring a 24″ x 36″ printed copy of the landscape template you want to use and a site plan if you have one. (Get large format copies printed at a local copy shop)
- After the workshop, if you need further assistance, the FAQ page will have a list of trained professionals that are available for hire to assist with any landscape design or installation needs.
Space is limited, register for the workshop and get your FREE event tickets here.
The workshop will have two components:
8:00am to 9:00am The Overview of Landscape Templates – Learn about the Landscape Design Templates, how they are designed to be scalable, optional elements, and more.
8:00am to 9:00am
The Hands-On Breakout Session* – make plant substitutions, select optional elements and make simple markups to your Landscape Design Template. (Get tickets for one of two sessions.)
Session 1 – 9:00am to 10:30am
Session 2 – 11:00am to 12:30pm
*The Hands-On Breakout Sessions are not design consultations. If more complex modifications are desired, design assistance is available through your local landscape professionals.
Register for the workshop and get your FREE event tickets here.
Location: City of Santa Rosa Utility Field Office, 35 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
*Please bring these items if you will be attending a breakout session so we can help guide you on your path to rebuilding your landscape:
- A printed copy (24” x 36”) of the FREE Landscape Design Template(s) you plan to use
- A copy of your site plan (if available)
- A calculator